Sunday, July 7, 2013

Yellow Four Poster Bed Make-Over!

There are three things that I decided, as a child, that make a home ever so elegant: wing-back chairs, coat racks, and a four poster beds. I have the wing back chair (thanks to cheap CL). And now I have my bed! (Also thanks to CL) The lady originally wanted $175 for the frame alone so since I had the CL app I just put it in my favs and watched it. After it was there for over a week I decided to email her and to make a long story short she gave me the bed for $50!

It was pretty scratched up otherwise I would have kept it the original cherry color. I had seen that colored furniture was really becoming "in" so I decided to paint it. Yellow it was!

Because it was a dark color and I didn't want to sand it, I made sure I primed it well. There were so many nooks and crannys, so I used spray paint for both the primer and actual paint. Rustoleum Yellow Sun Gloss was my color. Not too orange and not too green. Juuuust right! What do you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment