Tuesday, July 30, 2013

DIY Mugs

I read on pinterest (what good convo doesn't start with this nowadays?!) That if you use sharpies on an oven safe mug then bake it in the oven, it will permanently be on there. NO! NOT TRUE. I even put the cup in a cold oven and let it preheat in there too. Still washed off. So I was in search of a good but still affordable ceramic pen so I can start making mugs and selling them or really more like give them as gifts! I used Elmer's Opaque Paint Markers.


So apparently just letting it sit and dry is not the way to do it... this is what it looked like after one wash:


So I decided to try it again and this time put the cups in a cool oven (on a cookie sheet) and preheat the oven to 300ยบ and cook them for 30 min. After that let them cool in the oven as well. This is what they looked like after one wash:


Not bad. Much better but you can still see were some of the paint kinda faded... (look at the M in Mrs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment