Monday, July 15, 2013

Best Roasted Chicken Ever.

When I was younger, my mom always loved buying the roasted chickens from Sam's. They were the cheapest AND the BIGGEST. When I grew up and lived on my own with my child and significant other, my friend gave me a recipe for that because I wanted to save money. This costs the same but you get way more chicken, it's fresh (juicy and not dried out), and easy.

What is important here is that I had to change the cooking time and temp to fit MY GAS STOVE. She had electric and cooked @ 400º for 2 hours. When I did that it was the driest thing ever BUT I DIDN'T GIVE UP! The next time I did it for 1.5 hours @ 350º there we go! I tested to make sure the chicken was cooked all the way by cutting the breast (the thickest part) and making sure the was NO PINK.

1) Preheat to 350º

2) Rinse the chicken and pull out the gizzard and neck. Why we wash chicken, I have no idea but I was always told to.

3) Put the chicken in a pan and mix the seasonings and butter together and spread or mealt the butter for 10 seconds in the microwave and pour slowly on top. Works best if the chicken is still a bit frozen because then its colder and everything sticks better. I also add fresh basil on top for more flavors.

4) Cook for 1.5 hours then test by cutting the breast (because it's the thickest part) and making sure the is NO PINK!
       4a) If there is, stick it back in there for 15-20 minutes until you have no more pink.
       4b) If there is NOT, take out and enjoy. Don't forget that there is lots more meat on the back too!

No comments:

Post a Comment