Monday, January 2, 2012

Dressing Up Your Thermostat

So one day I was wasting time getting valuable ideas on Pinterest when I came across a weird and completely off the wall post. Putting a frame around the thermostat. Yeah sounds funky but it's actually cool! Here's the original blog and here is my version of it:

Before:



I didn't like the color of the frame but I LOVED the detail. The color was almost gold... yeah Gold is so not in... my house. So I went down to Lowes and bought a $3 can of Rustoleum Silver spray paint and





After spray painting it and letting it dry, I took a dry paint brush and barely dipped it in the lid of the glaze and painted it over the silver paint. I dabbed it in every little nook and cranny on the detailed frame. When I felt it had enough I took one of my husbands red garage towels and wiped it off. Now keep in mind this dries fairly quickly so that why I didn't take any pictures of this process... After that dried I did one more "coat" and let THAT dry and this is what I came out with:

After:


Might as well decorate everything around the house! If you can't hide it, decorate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment