Monday, January 21, 2013

Diy Facewash

So I hate to admit but I'm not far from 30 years old and I still get pimples/acne. Sine I'm really into DIY things AND natural stuff. I looked inti washing my face with an oil/castor oil mix and found that I didn't even know that my face hurt from the dryness untill there was a lackthereof! BUT I didn't see much of a change otherwise.
So I was on Pinterest (surprise surprise! ) and found a recipe of coconut oil and baking soda. I figured I had both so why not?! (I use it to cook and as a diaper rash cream..  but I put it in separate containers!) It works basically the same BUT the baking soda acts as a scrub. It is very fine and works great!
I used a 2 to 1 ratio and after I mixed it, it became fluffy! If you have ever used coconut oil you kniw that when it is room temperature, its solid and when you get it on your skin, it turns to silk... ok no really but geeze it feels like it!


 

2 comments:

  1. In your 2:1 ratio, which one is the 2? Also, if you mix it ahead of time, is it still usable a week or more later?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize! Coconut oil to baking soda. I still use it to this day. It hasn't gone bad.

      Delete